Because of its excellent decorative effect, various colors, smooth surface, bright gloss (except matte surface), especially the mirror effect of the self-leveling epoxy floor paint, has been deeply loved by people. However, some consumers find that the surface gloss of epoxy floor paint is not enough and dull after construction, which seriously affects the surface visual effect of epoxy floor paint. What is the reason for this? And how to prevent it?
Reasons for dull surface of epoxy floor paint:
1. Because of the greed for cheapness, epoxy flooring paint has been chosen for materials with relatively low price but poor quality, resulting in the construction of epoxy flooring can not achieve the desired results.
2. When using epoxy floor paint material, there is no excessive diluent added according to the requirements of the manufacturer, or the selected diluent is not matched, boiling point is low and volatilization is too fast.
3. The application of topcoat before the last coat is completely dried leads to a dull epoxy floor paint.
4. The base floor is not polished flat by using floor grinder, and the ground is rough, which results in the unevenness of epoxy floor paint after construction. The light refraction results in the insufficient gloss of the coating surface.
5. When epoxy floor paint is constructed, the ambient temperature is too high. Excessive temperature will cause wrinkling of the floor paint and affect the gloss of the surface.
6. The environmental humidity of epoxy floor paint construction site is too high (the relative humidity is over 80%), which causes the epoxy floor paint film to become white after absorbing water and lose luster.
Method to avoid dull epoxy floor paint:
1. Choose materials with quality assurance produced by regular floor paint manufacturers.
2. In strict accordance with the requirements of flooring paint manufacturers, add diluents for epoxy flooring paint.
3. When topcoat is applied, it must wait for the top coat to be completely dry.
4. Before the construction of epoxy floor paint, the ground must be ground flat by a floor grinder, and the oil and sundries should be cleaned up.
5. The optimum construction temperature of epoxy floor paint is 5-25 degrees Celsius. It is necessary to avoid high temperature during construction.
6. The ambient humidity should not be higher than 80% during the construction of epoxy floor paint.